Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sunday School get-together




Dan is the 5th and 6th grade boys Sunday school teacher. We invited them (and the 5th & 6th grade girls) to my parents house for a summer get-together. Dad and Mom have a huge yard perfect for lots of wild tweens! :) I thought I would post a few pics and brag on Dan a little. He's never really felt like teaching is his one of his biggest strengths, but I know he's made an impact on these kids. Many of whom don't have a father figure around. These boys look up to him and love having him as their teacher. They actually think he's "cool" which is quite impressive considering these are 11 and 12 year old boys I'm talking about!!!! Thanks Daniel for being a great Daddy and a role model to the boys in your class!
Maddy and Mallory came along and played right along side the big kids. I could tell Maddy thought she was very grown up hanging out with the older girls. :) Oops. Once I looked at the pictures I took I realized I didn't get any with Dan and the boys!!! Mostly Madison and Mallory playing with the "big girls."

3 comments:

K.M.L said...

The girls are cuter than Dan and the boys anyway! ha! Looks like a lot of fun! Way to go Dan...

Ferris Family said...

I agree with Kasey! The girls are way cuter. Good job Dan! 5th and 6th graders aren't the easiest kids out there.

Lisa Kracinski said...

I didn't know Dan taught boys sunday school. That's awesome. I almost teared up reading about how the boys don't have a father figure and look up to him. Go Dan!