Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Chicago or bust!

My parents are desperately trying to help us with Madison and her "sleep issues." It's something we've struggled with since she was 3. (she's going on 7 now) Anyway, as a reward for going to sleep without getting up out of bed for 2 weeks they took her/us to Chicago to the American Girl store. I know some of you are thinking wow only 2 weeks? Well, whatever works!!!! :)
We ate brunch which was really fun and they had highchairs for the girls to put their dolls in along with teacups and saucers for the dolls! Maddy went to the hair salon and chose a style for her doll and a stylist fixed her hair! The store was 3 floors and I've never seen so many doll accessories in my life. Here are a few pics from our trip.




6 comments:

K.M.L said...

Oh my goodness! That is too cute! You telling me about it made me want to see pics and they are adorable! Glad you guys had fun and Maddy stays in her bed! :)

Sarah Beth and David said...

Sounds like some great success. Sarah always liked the American Girl stuff growing up. ONe of our friends had all the outfits. :)

Ferris Family said...

The only reason I want a little girl is to visit that store someday! I'm glad Maddy is doing better about staying in her bed. Once she has it mastered, maybe she would like to teach Maddox the fine art of staying in bed and sleeping.

Leslie Collins said...

Adorable. I love Chicago.

Unknown said...

That looks like so much fun!

Tara @ www.twolinesonastick.com

Jenn said...

Cute pictures! I don't know if you watch Jon & Kate plus 8 but they took their older girls to the American Doll Store, I was intrigued with these dolls from that moment on. It looks like a ton of fun, can't wait to take my own girls someday.