Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Finally success at the zoo!

I've been secretly envious of you bloggers who post adorable family pics at the zoo. Your children smiling and pointing enthusiastically at the animals. Up until yesterday, our visits to the zoo involved Mallory crying from the time we enter until we exit!!! She would cover her ears close her eyes and shake from head to toe. I've posted about some of her fears before. Early on Dan and I decided we need to just keep doing the things we enjoy and not allowing her fears to keep her (and us) from doing things. So yesterday I wasn't really pumped about taking her, but praying things would go better. To my surprise she LOVED it! I snapped a few shots of Mallory checking out some of the animals she's been the most afraid of in the past. The dreaded shark exhibit. At this exhibit we can actually stick our fingers in the water and pet them as they swim by! In the past we have had to basically run by the sharks so she couldn't see them. Good job Mal. Maybe next time she'll pet one.
She's actually smiling! Yes...she was afraid of the carousel.
The petting zoo...touching a goat. I tell you it's a miracle!!!

1 comment:

K.M.L said...

So glad she liked it this time! She's getting braver! :) Miss you guys!