Sunday, August 31, 2008

Big Sigh...

Hmmm. Not sure how to even start this blog entry...especially so it doesn't sound strange and cryptic, but here goes. This has been a very difficult and emotionally exhausting week. I wasn't sure some mornings if I could possibly get out of bed and face the day that lay ahead. Times where stress and worries were so high breathing seemed difficult. But, it was also during these times where God's voice and presence were closer and louder than I've ever felt before! One of these moments of overwhelming worry and grief He gave me the verse from Matthew 12: 28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Another evening I was lying in bed desperately trying to sleep with my mind reeling from and replaying the days events when God's voice was as loud and clear as it has ever been!!!! BE STILL AND KNOW, AMANDA, THAT I AM GOD. He was telling me, to take a chill pill and to trust in Him. :) I certainly needed to hear that!!!
Over the years, I can recall people saying to my parents and myself (with the best intentions) "God won't give you more than you can handle." And I'm definitely not looking for a theological debate here, but I have to disagree. I know I can't begin to handle this current "situation", but GOD can!!!!!

5 comments:

K.M.L said...

Let me know if I can do anything! Call me tonight or tomorrow if you want...Miss ya!

Ferris Family said...

I hope and pray things "even out" for you soon!

heather said...

I pray God will reveal some of the JOY He has planned for you out of this situation too, along with the peace and trust He's been amazingly pointing out that he has waiting for you.
Whether it's now in the midst of the situation now or down the road past the ordeal in a "get through it and finally look back to see the good come out of it" way....
Whatever you're going through I hope you can find a place of peaceful joy about His plan for you and this experience.

I'm praying for you guys! Let me know if you want to share anything more specific that that.

Lisa Kracinski said...

I don't know what you're going through right now but I'm sorry you're going through something that's bringing you such anxiety. When I'm worried about something, one of my favorite verses is Philippians 4:6-7 "Don't worry about anything;instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which eceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." I'll pray for you!

Amy said...

Oh Amanda, I understand the feelings. I also agree with the sentiment God won't give you more than you can handle - doesn't say that anywhere in Bible. But you are right, HE handles it for you. It's great you are leaning on Him.

Also - your girls are just beautiful. Grant also won't let Sean leave - so he has to leave early too.