Monday, September 29, 2008

What is wrong with me???

I wanted to try this new recipe from my Taste of Home magazine...so this morning I made a list of the things I needed and Mallory and I headed off to Wal-mart. I needed a 2 gallon ziploc bag to mix the cereal and powdered sugar in, but instead of writing down a 2 gallon ziploc bag I wrote down 2o gallon! Well, anyone in there right mind would see 2o gallon and think that must be wrong! Why would I need that HUGE of a ziploc bag for mixing cereal and powdered sugar???? Oh no, not me. I search for several minutes and finally find a 2o gallon box of ziploc bags and away I go. (yeah they actually make them that big) Anyway we get home I start making the stuff. Time to use the ziploc bag...Holy crap this thing is HUGE! Now it dawns on me that I probably grabbed the wrong size. DUH! Well, I bought it might as well use it... This bag is as big as Mallory. Poor thing. She was watching me shake this ginormous bag and looking at me like I was crazy!
I didn't even notice that the lady on the front of the box was carrying 2 sleeping bags and a pillow in her 20 gallon ziploc bag! Seriously, what was I thinking?

9 comments:

Heather S. said...

I am crying I am laughing so hard! I think what makes this even funnier to me - it is totally something I would do! Kevin cracked up, too!!

Casey said...

Okay....so I have tears running down my face because I'm laughing so hard. I just read this to Kevin and Gary (he's here with us since the baby came).....thanks for giving us a good laugh!

Casey

Unknown said...

You totally crack me up...I can't stop laughing!

Jenn said...

Oops, the comment above is from me, my hubby forgot to sign off.

Ferris Family said...

Wow, that bag would hold a lot of puppy chow! My boys would love it.

Amy said...

That is so funny. I'm picturing tiny Amanda shaking that huge bag. Maybe you could've made bulk quantities of puppy chow and shipped it to all of us!

Lisa Kracinski said...

I have nothing to say!

Jody said...

Hilarious! I guess you should make a little more to fill that bag.

K.M.L said...

wow! That is awesome....You should just put the girls in there and shake them up! :) They'd love the ride!