Friday, September 26, 2008

Spelling homework

Last night Madison and I were working on her spelling words. She has a test on Friday's and this week she was to come up with a list of words from the "it" and "iss" families. Easy enough...

Maddy: Ok mom this should be easy. sit, bit, fit...tit. Mom is tit a word?

Me: Uh, yes but let's try and come up with another "it" word.

Maddy: Why?

Phone rings.... Whew!

Maddy: Let's do "iss" words now. miss, kiss...piss. Is piss a word mom?

Me: Uh, yes. Let's use a different "iss" word.

Maddy: Why? What does piss mean?

Me: Well...it's not a very nice way to say someone has to go potty.

Maddy: Silence...thinking... Like, I have to piss?

Me: Yes, but please don't say that word.

Maddy: Ok. I'll try not to put tit or piss on my spelling test tomorrow!

6 comments:

Katie said...

wow.

Jody said...

Kids always want to know why. It is just so innocent though, she was just going through the list of letters and adding the ending.

K.M.L said...

Oh my word! hilarious. Hopefully you won't get a call from the teacher saying Maddy wrote that! ha!

Heather S. said...

Crack me up! Isn't funny how kids aren't just satisfied with "let's not use that word."

Unknown said...

I am rolling...how funny!

Nicole said...

OMG OMG OMG I am CRACKING up! Hilarious. Hil-ar-ious!