Thursday, September 4, 2008

Happy B-day to me!!!



Madison has been anxiously awaiting the arrival of my birthday. She has been collecting, gathering and hiding things under my bed for weeks. This morning at 6:45 she pulled it all out from under the bed and proundly presented them to me.

Maddy thought I should have this doll b/c it would remind me of what people wore when I was litttle. ( I thought I was turning 31 not 101!) The bear is to remind me of her when she was a baby. We had that bear in her crib, minus the coat, when she was little.
A homemade card addressed to Amanda rather than mom.

A stuffed horse, "for you to sleep with" and a dollar bill...probably from my wallet.
Thank you my sweet Madison!!! I love my presents!



This is just a side note, unrelated to the rest of this post, but I thought was rather funny. This afternoon I was picking up Mallory from preschool when another mom stopped me. She asked me if I was a body builder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Huh? I was sure I misunderstood her so I asked her to repeat it. Yup, she thought I was a competitive body builder. Seriously! The last time I looked at myself in the mirror, the only thing I had in common with a body builder was my bra size! :)

10 comments:

heather said...

Happy Birthday Amanda!

Lisa Kracinski said...

Happy Birthday you old lady! That was so precious of Maddy! How sweet. On the other note, didn't I mention your biceps in one of those pictures you posted? Yep, it's a sign Amanda. You are destined for competitive bodybuilding!

Katie said...

happy birthday, friend!!! those gifts were priceless!

...and PLEASE start wearing singlets around Indy...PLEASE!!

Jody said...

Happy Birthday! What a busy week you have had!

Heather S. said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day! What a sweet little girl you have!! So thoughtful!!

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday! Have a blessed day!

K.M.L said...

Happy birthday to the best bodybuilder sister in law there is! ha! :) Cute gifts that Madison got! love it!

Ferris Family said...

Happy birthday! hope you have a great day.

Sarah Beth and David said...

Happy Birthday Amanda! :)

Amy said...

I love that her note to you said to Amanda instead of mommy. THAT is funny.