Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A day of firsts...

Today was Maddy's first day of 2nd grade. She loved it and after school told me she gives her teacher a 14 out of 14! Ha! I asked her what she liked best about her teacher and Maddy said, "her voice." Hmmmm...well ok. Poor Mal was very sad to see her sister go to school and be gone all day she cried for quite a while after we dropped Maddy off. Madison took me aside before school and whispered that I should do something special with Mal since she was so upset. I thought that was sweet. Isn't she getting big? :(So Mal has asked me repeatedly for about a month now to take her training wheels off her bike. I've been putting it off, but decided to give it a try today, hoping it would distract her from missing Maddy so much. No joke...I took them off, gave her a long speech about not getting discouraged, it taking lots of practice, not riding by herself for at least few days, yadda, yadda, yadda... She gets on the bike and takes off down the road totally on her own!!!!!! It was so funny! She kept yelling to anyone who was in their front yard, "Hi! Look at me. I'm riding my bike without my training wheels!!!!!!" Here she is proudly sitting on her bike w/out training wheels. I should have taken one of her actually riding it, but we were late to pick Maddy up for school. :) WAY TO GO MALLORY PAIGE!

1 comment:

K.M.L said...

Great job Mal!!! Happy 2nd day of school Maddy! Love you both!