Wednesday, June 3, 2009

In an instant...

We took a few silly pics of Maddy's soccer team last Saturday. This Saturday is her last game of the season. :)

Sunday was such a beautiful day here in Indy and so before church I took a few shots of the girls dressed in their matching dresses. We had a great morning at church. Dan was asked to speak to the graduating seniors at our annual Graduation breakfast our church does for the graduates (and he did a great job!!) We left church and were going to my parents for the afternoon to have a cookout. Dan asked me to drive him to our house first so he could change and said he wanted to drive separately b/c he planned on leaving my parents early to get some work done. I left with the girls and we were pulling into my parents driveway my cell rang, it was Dan. But, on the other end was a woman telling me Dan had been in an accident, was hurt and that I needed to get there quickly. It was so terrifying. I had no idea what had happened or what condition Dan would be in when I got there! After what seemed like the LONGEST car ride of my life (really only about 5 min) we got to the scene as they were loading Dan into the ambulance. There were two wonderful ladies at the scene, one who called me on my cell and a nurse who kept Dan's next neck stable/still until the ambulance arrived. They assured me that Dan was going to be ok, but that they probably needed to do some x-rays to be sure. (He had cervical fusion surgery done several years back) Long, long story short he's fine, just sore. I just kept thinking how life can change in an instant. One minute we were heading to a cookout to spend the day together and the next I was watching paramedics load Dan onto an ambulance!!! CRAZY! We haven't gotten the official word that the car is totaled, but are pretty sure it is and this week we are trying to adjust our schedules around one car. yuck!



3 comments:

Chad and Penny said...

That's so scary! I'm so glad Dan is ok!

K.M.L said...

Glad everyone is doing well....it's SO scary to get that phone call and it's not your hubby on the other end of his phone. Miss you guys!!!!!

heather said...

Ugh... that's one of my worst fears! I hate to think about phone calls or life changing instances like that.

I'm so glad Dan is okay and that it's simply (even though it doesn't always seem so simple) car problems to deal with. Hope Dan is feeling 100% again soon.