Friday, November 7, 2008

A very random skin condition


So Mallory has this weird skin thing going on. She gets these patches of dry skin with small bumps all over it (which she calls nipples ????). Yeah, you can imagine how embarrassed I was when in Target she yelled, "Mom the nipples on my bottom itch really bad!!!!!" Anyway, her skin is very itchy and once she starts scratching it she gets these huge welts .... I'm thinking about calling the Dr. this morning because the poor thing is really miserable. Any ideas as to what this could be? The huge welts are what freak me out!!! They almost look like huge hives.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Maybe eczema? Try a dab of some hydrocortizone cream on it and see if it helps...otherwise take her to the dermatologist. A couple of months ago Ashley had a garden wart on her butt crack...the dermotologist reassured me it wasn't the STD kind just a garden variety but kids get stuff in the wierdest places!

Lisa Kracinski said...

I agree with the hydrocortisone cream. I was going to say eczema or some type of allergic reaction. Either way, that cream should help!