Tuesday, August 19, 2008

He's got a gun!!!!

Ok, so last night my Mom and I had a children's commission meeting at church. I was driving us and we were a couple miles from church when I noticed a cop car with it's lights flashing ahead of us. Assuming it was just a traffic stop and I could go around them I kept driving. We were about 100 yards away when I noticed the cop was in the middle of the road pointing his gun at a guy! We sat there about 30 seconds before mom yells "Turn around, he's got a gun!" It was then I noticed there was another man who had a gun and was aiming it at the cop. Had he shot the gun while we were sitting there it most definitely could have gone straight into our windshield!!! (Poor cop was all by himself too) I did a speedy U turn in the middle of the road and high-tailed it out of there.
When we got home later and told Dan and my Dad, both of them asked if I had called 911. Should I have? I mean there was a cop already on the scene. Can't he call for backup? I've been feeling kinda bad about it. It's amazing some of the things we see on our way to church. :)

2 comments:

K.M.L said...

How scary!!!! Glad you guys got turned around quickly and hopefully things turned okay for the cop too!

Lisa Kracinski said...

That is soo scary! I would've freaked out. The cop must be okay or you would've heard about it on the news. You didn't have the girls with you did you?