Wednesday, August 13, 2008

1 day down...

So we all survived Maddy's first day of school. She came home all smiles and excited for tomorrow.

While waiting for the bus to drop Maddy off another mom and I got to talking. She told me this story that I found hilarious and have laughed about all day. Evidently this mom was very worried about lunchtime and her daughter being able to finish her food. (she must be a slow eater) Anyway, for the last 2 weeks she's set a timer and given her daughter 20 minutes to eat lunch. When the timer goes off she tells Lexi to look down at her food, decide which items are most important, take another bite or 2 and throw the rest away. What? This absolutely cracks me up!!! I suppose if Maddy was an ultra s-l-o-w eater this might worry me too, but setting a timer of 20 minutes for 2 weeks prior to school??? Couldn't she have just told her to eat a little faster at school than she does at home? Funny!

2 comments:

Jody said...

That is so funny because Justin and I have worried about Seth eating fast enough at school too. When I told Justin that Seth gets 20 minutes to eat, Justin said, "His buddies who like to eat will appreciate his slow eating habits."

K.M.L said...

That is a funny story! :) Wouldn't the little girl just eat faster everyday if she realized that she wasn't keeping up???? They'll get the hint! Glad Maddy had a great 1st day! Give her a big kiss from us...