Monday, August 4, 2008

coaster cars, soccer camp and a trip





Dan and I bought the girls these coaster cars for Christmas and boy have they LOVED them! They can spend hours riding up and down the driveway and around the cul-de-sac. I took a few pictures and a video of them this afternoon. In case you're wondering what was going on in the video, Maddy was trying to convince me that is was getting too hot and we needed to go to the pool. (It worked by the way)

In other news, soccer camp started this morning for Maddy. It's from 8-11 this week and wouldn't you know it's going to be incredibly HOT. The instructors suggested we wet down a hand towel and freeze it for the kids to put around their necks during break times. Maddy started soccer when she was 4 and she'll be 7 this fall. We can certainly tell soccer is in her blood. She has always known where to be and what to do on the field instinctively. I'll be very interested to see how little Mallory does when we sign her up. :)

Dan and I will celebrate our 10 year anniversary on August 8th. (08-08-08) :) We've never really done anything super exciting in the past, dinner and a movie usually. But since it's our 10th Dan found a Bed and Breakfast on Lake Michigan that we are going to for a couple days. I haven't been away from the girls more than 1 night ever!!! It will be nice for us to get away and focus on a each other. :) I'll make sure I take some pics and maybe post them while we're away.

3 comments:

K.M.L said...

That video is too funny! :)

Have fun on your trip and tell the girls hello! :)

Katie said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! I remember your big day like it wasn't actually that long ago!

heather said...

Hope you guys have a great trip and a Happy Anniversary!
I'm so jealous of your kid-free trip!! Oh to live by family...