Sunday, July 13, 2008

Back home again!



We've been in Georgia since Friday. My cousin was getting married and asked Madison and Mallory to be the flower girls. The drive down was about 8 hours it and wasn't too bad considering we drove through the mountains without a puking incident! At one point I realized the back seat was quiet and no one had been fussing, whining, or asking "are we there yet" so I turned to see if they were still there... both were asleep! I fumbled through my purse grabbing the camera to take their picture (after all this NEVER happens). I snapped Maddy's then Mal's and... she opens her eyes and says, "just kidding." Little stinker!!!! Maddy stayed asleep a whopping 20 minutes and that was the extent of the sleeping. All of you parents out there who's childern actually sleep on car trips...Do you know how lucky you are?

3 comments:

Jody said...

Your girls are so cute. It is good to hear someone say that an eight hour trip wasn't too bad. We will be driving eight hours at the end of the month to Wisconsin. This will be the first long drive for our 1 year old. It will be cake, right? Fingers crossed!!!

K.M.L said...

Love Mal's comment! ha! :) Glad you guys made it back okay! Miss ya!

Heather S. said...

I can totally sympathize with you! My girls have never slept well in the car! Norah is actually getting better as she gets a little older - but always wakes up grumpy because her neck hurts!
Glad you had a good time - the girls looks adorable in their dresses!!