Thursday, February 5, 2009

Kate is grrrreat!!!

So I'm big fan of the show Jon and Kate plus 8 and when I heard she was coming to the Indy Home Show I was pumped. A friend from church and I went together to see her. Kate spoke about her family and their fascinating story. I love her and she is exactly the same, personality wise, as on the show. I love that she's "famous" for being a Mom!!!
As you can tell we weren't the only Mom's there to see her!


Did you know neither she or Jon had jobs the first year of the babies life??? Jon was let go as soon as his company heard Kate was pregnant with sextuplets...insurance reasons... Kate said, "I don't know how those people slept at night." TRUE!!!! Anyway, for the first year b/c of insurance no one would hire him. Unbelievable!


She autographed her book Eight Blessings (great book) for me and the most exciting part is that she took a precious letter that my Maddy wrote to her girls, Cara and Mady!!!! Maddy put her address on it and asked the girls to be her pen pal. hehe! Any other Jon and Kate fans out there?

5 comments:

Heather S. said...

So cool!! I love her show!! It totally puts my life with one child at a time into a perspective - life could be a lot harder than we have it!! Glad to know you think the book is great - I was considering getting it.

Tara said...

yeah kate!!!! too much fun!!!!

K.M.L said...

Love her! So glad you were able to see her and hopefully Maddy will be pen pals with them!

Ferris Family said...

I love that show, too!

Lisa Kracinski said...

That is awesome! I'm jealous. I love that show. Was she nice when you met her? I bought the book but haven't read it yet.