Friday, February 27, 2009

A good movie rental...

Last night Dan and I rented a great movie! We didn't feel the need to shut it off half way through, I didn't fall asleep, Dan wasn't bored out of his mind... you get the idea. Anyway, thought I'd share with anyone interested in great movie rental. It's called TOUCH THE TOP OF THE WORLD and it's the true story of the first (and only) blind man to conquer Mt. Everest. He was diagnosed with a rare eye disease when he was three and later went blind. (early teens, I think) Anyway, I have an obsession with Everest (thanks Dad) and have read several books about some of the expeditions to Everest. This book is based on an autobiography by Peter Facinelli so I'll be on the lookout for that! Anyway, great movie!

5 comments:

K.M.L said...

I haven't seen the movie yet, but will now! :) I was at an Arbonne convention a couple of years ago and he spoke to us! He is a great inspiration! :) Thanks for the heads up and have a great weekend! miss ya!

Katie said...

Yep, he was so good at the Arbonne conference they brought him back last year. He's amazing. I forgot about his movie! I'll have to check it out!

Lisa Kracinski said...

I hope you don't get any ideas about trying to climb Everest yourself!

Lisa Kracinski said...

WE just saw Slumdog Millionaire and it was very good. Hard to watch, but good.

Dan and Amanda said...

I don't think I'll summit Everest, but I'd love to make it to Base camp!!!!! Hmmm, now I only need to come up with about 50,000 dollars and a good sherpa. :)