Tuesday, November 18, 2008

chewing gum, fingernail and a window

I've had several "incidents" recently involving gum and the car window. The first was when all of us were driving around together in the car. Mallory tells me she's done chewing her gum. I take it from her and throw it hard out the window so it lands in the grass....only problem, I forgot to put the window down!!!! No one even laughed. The girls and Dan just stared at me with with these shocked looks on their faces. Like I'd gone crazy or something. (Jury's still out on that one) The middle fingernail on my right had hasn't been the same since.

The next incident happened 2 days later. Mallory and I were in the car together. Again Mal needs me to get rid of her gum. I'm driving so my left hand is on the wheel, my right hand grabs the sticky, gooey gum. I roll the window down and try to toss it out. For some reason with my left hand I hit the button to roll up the window (while my fingers are out) and completely smash again (same hand, same finger) my middle finger. So I'm now driving with my left hand while my right middle finger is smashed in the window. Panicky and in pain I keep hitting the wrong button and roll down every window BUT the one that's crushing my poor finger!!!! Obviously, I finally get it out, but I'm not sure my poor cuticle will ever be the same. For now though, I'm keeping Mallory away from gum. :)

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Gum in the car...what a pain in the butt! I love it when it accidentally "falls out of their mouths" and they can't find it. Usually it's found stuck to their clothing (and everyone else's) when I do laundry!