Friday, March 6, 2009

20/20 vison for a year now!

One year ago yesterday I had corrective eye surgery and its been AWESOME!!!! Dan knew how much I wanted the surgery, but I would have never spent the money on myself. So HE scheduled me a consultation and I was a candidate...not for LASIK, but for PRK. (Photo Refractive Kerotectomy) Great let's do it, I thought! I was assured the outcome was exactly the same just "a little" more painful and a "slightly longer" recovery period. I was never sure why all the nurses gave me an I feel so sorry for you kind of look when I would tell them which procedure I was having. The morning of my surgery the Dr. explained it would feel similar to falling and scraping your knees. WHAT?!?@#$?!@ Falling and scraping my knees vs. skidding across concrete on my eyeballs were 2 different things!!! And that's exactly what it felt like!!! For 2 very long days I could do nothing but lay in bed and feel miserable. I was not able to see much at all and my eyes were very light sensitive. However, after about 72 hours my and my bandage contacts were removed the difference was amazing. I could see!!!! At the time I was questioning what in the howdy-hoe I'd done, but I would go through it again in a second because the outcome is truly amazing!


I can't believe I'm actually posting this picture. I looked like crap and felt like it too, but it sums up how I felt for 2 days!


1 comment:

K.M.L said...

Yeah! So glad you can see now! :) Miss ya and it was good talking to you today!!! ;)